[Arm-netbook] 480 × 272 5" LCD lash up ready for testing

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Tue Oct 15 09:29:42 BST 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-15 at 04:24 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 11:36 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> > Been busy in other areas.
> > The furthest I got was to note that some driver thing not done up - and may be intimately tied to VGA drivers.
> > It loads without error messages now and something happens on the video - though nowhere near interesting.
> > I order 2xcubie breakout boards and try wiring up those as back up.
> > If the cubie2 can do it, it can be ported to eoma in no time.
> > Olimex guys have LCD working, but there is not ONE complete working example
> > that cuts the chase to show anyone how its done for RGB LCD for A10 or A20.
>
>  if you've got a spare board even a prototype with a 3.3v and other
> power regs on it, and one of the 480x272 LCDs you can send me i'll
> have a go if you like.  something that can connect to the MEB i've got
> here.

Good.

Success = Effort x (tools)^2

Success = 1 x (1)^2 at the moment.

I'm waiting on the cubie expansion boards one of which
i plan for this LCD. Have to wire a duplicate fpc + power supplies (3.3V
+ 18V backlight). That means 5V and 19V laptop type power supply needed
to power up the LCD.

So yes if I spend time to make 2nd tool with cubie, then its time well
spent as I will have 2 tools, and if I make a duplicate eoma one, I can
send one tool to you for parallel effort.

Option1 - Success = 1 x (2)^2 + 1 x (1)^2 = 5

If just send you the eoma tool after having made a cubie tool for
myself, it would become

Option2 - Success =  1 x (1)^2 + 1 x (1)^2  = 2

If I make a cubieboard LCD system tool for you as well and the eoma
tool, and you can use both effectively, then we both have 2 tools and it
become

Option3 - Success = 1 x (2)^2 + 1 x (2)^2 = 8

Take your pick!