[Arm-netbook] ARM system with good wifi

Hrvoje Lasic lasich at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 06:40:37 BST 2013

> the only problem with increasing the effectiveness of the antenna is
> that it can suck more power out of the module's R.F. transmitter (i
> don't fully understand this but it's what i've heard so i'm repeating
> it parrot-fashion).   so you'll just have to watch out for that, ok?
>
> l.

with rf modul you can sometimes (usually) regulate output power but that
has nothing to do with antenna. if we use two antennas on same module, if
output (W) of radio module is same for both antenna, good antenna
sucesfully transmit more (available) power in the air and therefore you get
better reception (a little bit simplifed answer). So, perfectly constructed
module will suck with bad antenna. Also, you have to construct module in
right way. There you have similar problem like in high speed design (i.e
2.4 Ghz). You have to adjust impendance from IC chip to one that you use
(usually 50 Ohms), transmit signal so that lines have that impendance to
the antenna. If you fail to do this on hardware part you also get less
power on output and good antenna does not help. Ones you think you done it
all right you measure output and you can fine tune whole circuit. This is
because specific hardware in combination with specific antenna never gives
same result and you have to fine tune system. Add to this enviroment, for
example you hold tablet with hand and hand is positioned close to antenna
(this is really usual situation), your hand could give another problem to
all this and more measuring and fine tuning might be needed or even moving
antenna.