[Arm-netbook] Wook belatedly joins the party

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 22:58:25 GMT 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 10:16 PM, Wookey <wookey at wookware.org> wrote:
> OK, so I got an MEBv2 eventually a week or so ago, and with some help
> from phil hands at the mini-debconf last week proved my card would boot,
> then we built suitable uboot, and tools and have just faffed about
> soldering serial header, serial cable, power cable up and sorting out
> level shifters, but now I can boot and get serial. Woo!
>
> Now I just need to sort out rootfs and kernel, solder on IO header,
> suitable sata connector and I can work on something useful like debian
> installer support.

 hooraay!

> So, I have to fit htis in round way too many other things, but hope to at least contribute a bit now.

  awesome.  here's where i'm recording notes:
http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner/a20/boot/

  i'm up to here: c3d9fb5b19f9c2b5b605cf24c65347b5d426bd16
  that's on http://git.rhombus-tech.net/?p=linux.git - ask phil to add
you to the repos ok?  i should have a sunxi-3.4 branch created by the
time you read this.

  the last tag i used was 3.4.61 from the linux-sunxi repo:

  commit 5edd4887d25fa826905d8a7a8ceab09c2c82baf6
Merge: 6554b8c 58055a0
Author: Alejandro Mery <amery at geeks.cl>
Date:   Thu Sep 12 14:21:32 2013 +0200

    Merge tag 'v3.4.61' into reference-3.4

    This is the 3.4.61 stable release

and the notes above have a link to the eoma68-a20 config i used when
compiling that.  the other thing you have to watch out for is that
you'll need a script.fex file - it's the allwinner equivalent of
"device tree" and it's a fuck of a lot simpler.  DOS ini file format
for a start.  you'll need to grab the allwinner-tools so you'll have
fex2bin and bin2fex - i don't cross-compile them i install them native
on the CPU Card :)