[Arm-netbook] Realtek RTD2660 dithered LCD driver HDMI monitor

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Thu Nov 21 20:38:18 GMT 2013

> (I believe Raspi developers are thinking of making such
>  a device already and have a kickstarter like campaign
>  going.)

As far as I know, what they have in mind is an _actual_ HD LCD monitor, not
a sub-sampling one - exactly because small stuff is unreadable on those.
Only a 720p one to be fair, not 1080p, but still HD. To be honest, I would
myself give an arm and a leg for such a device - but not the ~75 quid (plus
shipping) they plan to sell it for (yeah well, apparently I don't value arms
and legs too highly).

A 480x800 panel with a HDMI input would be an entirely different beast. So
which one are we talking about?

--
They are common and sold as reversing camera screens for cars and cost about £30.
The RTD2660 scales incoming HDMI 1024p to 800x480 screen and very

Example:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/raspberry-Pi-cubieboard-7-inch-digital-LCD-screen-HDMI-VGA-2-AV-800480-free-shipping/1121401829.html