[Arm-netbook] HDMI variant low profile ethernet socket

Eric Stuyvesant metallurge at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 14:42:50 GMT 2013

On 11/19/13, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> That old latching connector could still leave it with
> a height problem for slick designs.

I believe that the dongle (on the card edge latching end) was no
taller than the PCMCIA type-I card that it connected to, so I don't
think there would be a height problem, assuming you mean height in the
thickness-of-PCMCIA-type-I-card sense.

Not that I'm seriously promoting this as THE RIGHT ANSWER vis-a-vis
HDMI (although my personal experience with HDMI connectors is that
they are fragile relative to the weight and stiffness--and thereby
force-on-the-connector--of the HDMI cable itself). Just throwing the
information out there...

Mechanically, modern USB and HDMI type connectors really leave
something to be desired, IMHO.