[Arm-netbook] eoma68 router pcb

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Mon Nov 18 20:46:17 GMT 2013

>>   http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/router/
>
> A lot of the important files there are not accessible - no permission.

| quick chmod: sorted.

Thanks

> I gave up on proprietary a while back...
> It has damaged too many projects of mine to ever want to go back.

| ... by contrast i simply don't have the required knowledge to use
|tools - any tools - that don't have extensive built-in knowledge, and
|i also don't have the requirement that you have to support customers
|for 20+ years right down to the source code level of the tools that
|were used to make the hardware.

Not religious about proprietary - certain things just
can't be trusted to proprietary - hence positive action
to eliminate proprietary where trust is broken.
PCBs in particular - I have need of them years down the road
for pasting on to new designs. If the data is not going
to be available, then I can't copy paste, so I must do it again.
Pointless delays damage projects. e.g. power supplies - I must have laid out
the same power supply designs umpteenth times in different packages.
Could they get together and agree to copy paste between packages
to save the user and their projects? Don't think so. Therefore
they are totally untrustworthy and should not be trusted with any PCB data.