[Arm-netbook] SPDIF on EOMA68 A20

Miguel Angel Ochoa Rodriguez maochoa at tecnipyme.com
Wed Nov 13 12:38:03 GMT 2013

>- In event of failure to implement GPIO , I noticed that the photos of
>The first prototype boards last is eliminated auxiliary bus had on top

>The Bus on top is a 44 pin header, 30pins are RGB/TTL, 8 are GPIO, 2 are I2C, 2 are RX/Tx, and the last 2 are 5VDC and >GND.

Are you sure in the last EOMA68 A20 Boards have this conector?¿?

In the news Photos of working examples in april and may dont see this conector
http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/news/

In the case of A20 plate actually incorporates an auxiliary bus 44pins.

It would be possible to extend or modify the bus to enter the i2s??

If I'm right in the project OLINUXINO implemented several lines of cpu
to the same pin expansion connectors with a choice of system function
pin

https://github.com/OLIMEX/OLINUXINO

2013/11/13 luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com>:
>> Modifying the specification at this point in the EOMA68 seems unlikely,
>
>  not a chance.  audio was one of the first things that was eliminated
> from putting out over the 68 pins due to there being no clear common
> audio standard.  it is left to implementors to decide what ICs to
> place on the I/O board, USB audio being the most sensible and
> self-contained option.

For us this would be the second option since we have found that using
converters usb light generated synchronization delays in the video /
audio. that must be corrected through the player (XBMC - MPlayer).

By contrast, in the tests we've done with CPU integrated SPDIF not
have these delays. (Important in case of decoding DTS or DOLBY)