[Arm-netbook] SPDIF on EOMA68 A20

Miguel Angel Ochoa Rodriguez maochoa at tecnipyme.com
Tue Nov 12 23:56:01 GMT 2013

Dear OEMA68 developer community .

We are a team of Spanish engineers who are developing a Home Cinema
-Media Center to integrate XBMC on Linux on a modular concept .

We thought we had EOMA68 use platform for our project.

But note that not included SPDIF output included in the CPU to one of
the GPIO outputs as expecificacion see that the original is not
contemplated.

We think that in a Media Center is mandatory to have a SPDIF
connection because sometimes only play music and it is interesting to
connect the audio DAC you have, no need to convert from HDMI .

My question is ..

The EOMA68 espeficicaciones the A- 20 are closed or else you could ask
implement this output to a GPIO ??

- In event of failure to implement GPIO , I noticed that the photos of
the first prototype boards last is eliminated auxiliary bus had on top
.

It would be possible to go back on the design some kind of signal
SPDIF auxiliary bus and maybe some other CPU signal discarded but
interesting in specific applications .???

Sincerely Miguel Ochoa
Industrial Electronics Technician