[Arm-netbook] Two Questions: MEB/Card/Case and VGA Proto

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 15:00:59 GMT 2013

On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 8:32 AM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 8:38 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
>> :if people had come up with $10k to $20k at the beginning,
>
>> Nobody owes open source projects a living.
>
>  i know.  i just wanted to make sure that people are aware that they
> were given the opportunity to make this an open hardware project right
> from the start.  that they did not do so means that they have
> absolutely no right to complain when i am forced to pursue other means
> to fulfil the goal.
>
>  joe, please allow me to be blunt and absolutely clear: please do not
> accuse me of poverty-level thinking on this list again.

 ... by contrast you're more than welcome to tell me privately.

i think it's time i made clear what the process is that i've followed
up to this point.  i've invited people to participate in open hardware
product development.  that has not happened.  so i have had to push
forward, finding creative ways to lower the barrier to entry.  i will
keep on pushing, and i will keep on finding ways to lower the barrier
so that the project takes off.  that's now *just* about to happen.

 however what i *do not* want to end up doing is overstepping the
mark, taking opportunities away from people which they would otherwise
both learn and profit from.  so there is a balancing act that i have
to consider, and it's why i work in the open, to let people know
what's going on, invite them to participate at every phase.  if they
prove self-sufficient i am happy to let them get on with it, however
if nobody joins in and that step happens to be a critical step then i
will get that task completed in any way that i am able.

 so. arokux. PLEASE LISTEN: the goal is, always has been and always
will be to make open hardware possible in the *very* unusual context
of joining that with mass-volume factory production.  it's a very odd
mixture that has never been done before.

 and - arokux, you've seen this:
http://git.rhombus-tech.net/?p=eoma.git;a=tree;f=pcb/allwinner_a10/pcmcia

 it's the full - completed - schematics for an open hardware
EOMA68-A10/20 CPU Card.  that was released over 22 months ago.

 anyway.  can we move on now, please?