[Arm-netbook] identification EEPROM: writable or not?

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 13:28:16 GMT 2013

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

>>  an "engineering board" would probably ship by default in "developer
>> mode" i.e. read-write EEPROM.  or just not have a read-only mode at
>> all.  that is the *OEM*'s choice.
>
> sounds spot on; your mention of the X25 spec is a good lesson to follow,
> indeed.

 the truth tables you used also helped me to clarify this, as it
reminded me of venn diagrams.  the rules by which i derive the EOMA
standards is not so much "there are no options" as it is "every option
must be a superset of the other options in the same category".  so
supporting USB1 is ok, supporting USB1 & 2 is ok, supporting *only*
USB2 is *not* ok, neither for CPU Card nor I/O board.  the EEPROM is
similar logic.