[Arm-netbook] Two Questions: MEB/Card/Case and VGA Proto

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Nov 4 10:00:39 GMT 2013

On Sunday, November 3, 2013 14:03:57 Christopher Havel wrote:
> (1) *approximately* how much would it cost me to get an MEB, a current
> CPU Card (I assume that'd be A10 based?) and a case, almost-ready-to-go
> (as in, assemble the case, stick in the card, and drop on an OS),
> including shipping...? I'm in NC, US -- ZIP+4 for me is 27344-6644.
> (...or are we not quite there yet? I'm a little confused on that one.)
> To be super de doober clear -- estimate, not quote :P

When do you need it by?

If you can wait ~8 weeks for delivery: US$75 for MEB + A20 card. I will know
Wednesday when this will launch, but I’m hoping we’ll be taking orders next
week.

> (2a) how realistic is the idea of putting together a prototype of the
> VGA adapter I came up with using perfboard? (I can't afford custom PCBs,

We already have a prototype VGA adapter done up. We’d like to offer it as an
add-on but have not yet decided on pricing or worked out logistics for it.
Most likely we will be releasing project files for it and you can whip one up
yourself that attaches to the 44 pin DIL on the MEB.

--
Aaron J. Seigo