[Arm-netbook] A20 and A10 NAND

mike.valk at gmail.com mike.valk at gmail.com
Fri May 31 09:02:34 BST 2013

2013/5/31 Tom Cubie <mr.hipboi at gmail.com>:

> On May 30, 2013 3:11 AM, "luke.leighton" <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> i've started a comparison of function names and IO base addresses (nm
>> modules/nand/libnand) and have found that the function names are
>> exactly the same, as well as the I/O base for the A20 NAND driver is
>> exactly the same as that of the A10.  i would hazard a very rough
>> guess therefore that the hardware of the A20 NAND is identical to that
>> of the A10.
>>
>> "the usual" fucking around with the header files however has been done
>> [by that manager that we know orders allwinner software team members
>> to alter the copyright messages].  in the A10 3.4 source code
>> arch/arm/plat-sunxi/include/plat/platform.h we have a correct
>> Copyright message, 2007-2012, Copyright Allwinner Ltd, and in the A20
>> 3.3 source code arch/arm/mach-sun7i/include/mach/platform.h we have
>> Copyright 2010-2015, Copyright  Reuuimlla Technology Co., Ltd.
>> <www.reuuimllatech.com>
>>
>> i note according to whois queries that the domain name
>> reuuimllatech.com is not registered.  does anyone have £15 to spare
>> that they'd like to throw at a domain registrar, perchance?
>>

> sorry, i invented the word reuuimllatech. my stupid manager asked me to
> remove all allwinner word from source code. so i replaced all allwinner with
> reuuimlla, the reverse of allwinner.

ROFLMAO. Brilliant. I wondered where such a name came from. You didn't
only reverse you tilted a few letters.

BTW. I know it's a thin line. But if the copyright holder is
non-existent, then there is no copyright right?

Another questionable thought. What about registering "Reuuimlla
Technology Co., Ltd." at the Chinese  authorities (chamber of
commerce) and claim copyright as stated in the code.

...Corporate legal thinking yugh.

Rules and laws never hinder those who which to harm. Those who want
live in harmony are always limited by the rules to prevent harm.

The problem is choice and choice is probably the solution.