[Arm-netbook] GK802 for $70

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Fri May 24 11:08:25 BST 2013

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 12:24:31PM +0300, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:

> That's not what I mean of course. There're "dedicated" package managers
> for embedded systems. Opkg (http://code.google.com/p/opkg/) is pretty
> good, as exemplified by multi-year OpenWRT experience

Any bug reports on dpkg and apt regarding the inefficiencies? It is a
software under active development (unlike opkg that has not seen any
commit since Nov-2012 and its wiki page has a number of broken links).

> (especially since
> yours truly did some profiling and fixed some glorious inefficiencies:
> http://code.google.com/p/opkg/source/detail?r=17
> http://code.google.com/p/opkg/source/detail?r=18)

With all due respect, this means you fixed a number of issues with the
new code base of Opkg (which may mena anything between "it was horrble
and now it is just bad" to "it was good and now it is the best"). This
says nothing with regards to the performamnce of any other program.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzafrir at jabber.org | VIM is
tzafrir at cohens.org.il |                    |  best