[Arm-netbook] GK802 for $70

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.ru
Thu May 23 22:25:47 BST 2013

On Thu, 23 May 2013 21:54:24 +0100
"luke.leighton" <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:

>  a proper debian-installer, not a huge image file with pre-installed
> packages that you don't actually want, and with someone else's
> settings, account and password choices.  like it.

Well for me it just meant a hassle of needing to find a HDMI to DVI adapter,
then a keyboard and a power extension cord, then disconnect one of two monitors
from my main desktop PC, mess around with connecting the GK802 into everything
-- sounds like a pointless elaborate ritual way of obtaining just a minimal
all-defaults Debian install on an SD card.

Would much prefer to simply dd an already installed OS onto an SD card, plug
it with an USB NIC into my LAN, and two minutes later have the device appear
on the LAN with a DHCP IP, ready to be SSHed into.

>  yeah - roman: let me know how you get on with modifying that, esp. if
> you're going to do a rebuild of debian-installer: i just started doing
> that (see debian-boot mailing list) and my friend phil has offered to
> help out.

I am just going to save this minimal system I have installed with little to no
changes (other than the kernel) with dd into an SD image, not going to hack
the installer.

--
With respect,
Roman