[Arm-netbook] DIY Pocket Computer

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Thu May 23 09:42:30 BST 2013

On Thu, 2013-05-23 at 06:37 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
> On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 5:56 AM, Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross
> <maillist_arm-netbook at aross.me> wrote:
> > I have been thinking of making a my own pocket computer case. I can do basic
> > stuff like soldering but not design circuits. Would it be possible to
> > squeeze into a form factor of half the size of the flying squirrel tablet:
>
>  yes if you didn't mind it being about an inch thick.
>
> > *touch screen
>
>  what type?
>
> > *screen lcd, colour e-ink, led ? Must be usable/piratical in full sunlight.
>
>  you'll need e-ink - anything else is impractical in sunlight.
>
> > price/££ costing?
>
>  is going to depend on volume.

A pencil case computer?!

9.5" x 3.5" x 1"
The folding case can open to reveal micro keyboard, screen can be 3"x6".
Should easily take an eoma.
Big 2 x 2" stereo speakers?
+ tray for pencil essential! (not :) ).
[most e-ink can't do video + "full sunlight" on the
 spec is bordering on unrealistic demand ]