[Arm-netbook] A10 livesuit & debian linux /dev/mtd?

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun May 5 04:15:12 BST 2013

> Frankly, my impression is so far is that all the cell phone developers
> (aka, android) wrote their applications and SDK's to work around the
> limitations of block-layer 'emulation' on NAND, and nobody has taken
> the time to actually understand what JFFS2/YAFFS+MTD actually provide.

I'd like to know more about those block layer emulations, indeed (both
the sunxi_nand and others like rk3066's "mtdblock"), to better to what
extent we can trust them when using a setup that causes many more writes
than that of a typical Android setup.

But, I can't imagine using jffs2 on a 8GB filesystem.  Ubifs might
handle it fine, tho.

        Stefan