[Arm-netbook] Did anybody try A10 video encoding acceleration on Linux?

Oliver Schinagl oliver+list at schinagl.nl
Fri May 3 07:53:10 BST 2013

On 03-05-13 03:33, Piyush Verma wrote:
> Ok So at list 3 people interested in H264 Encoding I have the encoding
> example code mention by Henrik and I will available today here.
>
> Besides I have worked before with H264 Encode/Decode with S5PV210 there
> all source I have from kernel to userspace.
>
> There are not much step for encode and decode hardly 5 calles for whole
> decode or encode process. I think it would be possible to easily reverse
> Engineering.
>
> Overall step in my mind is
>
> 1 Get a NAL Unit.
> 2. Write to Special decode memory or pass pointer.
> 3 Call Hardware Decode Function.
> 4 Check if all picture decode.
> 5 Read Picture from output memory.
>
> Same for encode.
>
> Can't we log this 5 call in Kernel and understand then call and sequence
> after running user space program ?
>
> Give me some feedback if all ok why not we start for it.
Nobody has taken the time to start it.

So far what we have for reverse engineerd cedar:

Ianb's github that has some wrapper functions to help trace things
Opensource kernel modules, adding extra info to extract stuff shouldn't
be hard
info on libcedar (or what was it called) that it looks like they took
ffmpeg libraries and hacked in cedar support.