[Arm-netbook] Compiling modules for Mele-A2000

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Mar 17 15:56:54 GMT 2013

[ Resending, since yesterday's message seems to have been lost.  ]

I have a Mele-A2000 running Android 4.0.3 (with kernel "3.0.8+") and
would like to add some modules to it (mostly usblp and rt73usb).

I tried to compile the lichee-3.0.8-sun4i branch of the linux-sunxi
github repository (which presumably is kept around for that purpose),
but I still get the dreaded

   usblp: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout

when I try to insmod the resulting modules.

Does anyone know where I could find the proper source of that kernel?

An alternative would be to replace the kernel completely, but I can't
find any instructions about how to do that (I find instructions to
compile a new kernel and boot Debian from it, but I'd like to just
replace the kernel and keep running Android on it).

        Stefan