[Arm-netbook] A new MK802 failing to boot from SD

Olaf Holgerson dragonarch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 12:26:43 GMT 2013

Roman, hi!

Did you solve the issue with sd-card boot on MK802?

I'm just bought two mk802's and one of them doesn't boot from SD,
so I gather some information about the issue.

First of all I've made and connect an uart cable on problematical device.

Second step - I've grab content from /dev/block/nanda for both of devices -
bootable (good) and not (bad).

Third obvious step - compare content of boot0.bin and boot.bin content on both
devices - there are some differences (tried to convert *.bin to *.fex, next
diff good-boot.fex bad-boot.fex > diff-boot.fex
- this operation shows me a lot of differences).

Fourth step for me (on the way) - dig the differences and change problematical
device *.fex to fix the issue, compile to *.bin, upload to nanda and check that
it helps. If it doesn't help - change u-boot on the nand and try to boot again.

Last step, if fourth falls - upload my linux distro over android to nand and
rest in peace with it.

So, Roman - did you already solve the issue and get the positive result on
SD card booting, or I must go my way?

//Olaf