[Arm-netbook] Flying Squirrel Screen

Chris Bolas tanlaan33 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 18:29:42 BST 2013

I know it's been posted that an IPS screen would be integral, I've got
thoughts more toward usability. Also how about 7.5" rather than 7"? I'm
thinking the XO Laptop from OLPC on laptop per child might fit right in
with this sort of thing. $85 for a replacement screen for the xo
here<http://ilovemyxo.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/olpc-xo-replacement-screens-back-in-stock/#comments>
.

Information on the screen is available here<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Display>
.
I will be the first to admit that the screen itself has an interesting, and
to some annoying, screen jag due to the pixel layout. However the battery
life improvements would be stellar. You could be using 1/10th the power and
gain resolution by turning off the backlight on a sunny day. Anybody else
have an opinion on the subject?

Thanks,
Chris