[Arm-netbook] eoma68-a20 1stbatch

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 21:16:06 BST 2013

ok, status update:

* a batch of 30 test units has now been paid for
* we have 22 samples/test-units going out to 18 people
* one of those is being bought and donated to OpenBSD (thank you fred!)
* we've graciously received offers of 2 donations (many thanks to aexl
and seeberg)
* we're still short of about 2 units to break even
* the HDMI connector has been updated
* the SD0 signals have been routed to the 68-pins so JTAG is accessible

there's a few surprises in there, which i've kept quiet about until
solutions were available: one was the HDMI connector.  i can laugh
about it now but it wasn't amazingly funny at the time: we weren't
advised that the part we were buying was going end-of-life.  we've
found a replacement now (from the same company) - it's a "reverse"
MicroHDMI so is just upside-down and a little lower down.

the other is that if we reduced the batch to 25 we'd only save about
$200 because it's the NREs on a run that are the highest cost, so
might as well go ahead with 30 units, but we're short (not as much as
we were before aexl's kind offer) of about 2 samples being sent out in
order to break even.  if we have 1 or 2 more brave souls we're
covered.

getting there....