[Arm-netbook] to (was Re: Uploading linux (3.9.4-1))

Vladimir Pantelic vladoman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 07:04:33 BST 2013

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Tomasz Figa <tomasz.figa at gmail.com> wrote:

>   their sheer overwhelming success provides us with mass-volume
> ultra-low cost hardware.

It would help the discussion a lot if you would not sound like the
Allwinner marketing department half of the time. Chinese SoC vendors
come and go, before it was Allwinner it was Rockchip and maybe the
next big thing will be MTK (in fact they are, do they use fex?), will
we have to accommodate each one individually?

> "authoritative" as an upstream source and thus every single GNU/Linux
> Distro is left in a position of forcing people to follow insane
> non-standard build procedures that are *way* outside of the capability
> of the average person.

or to simply ignore Allwinner :)