[Arm-netbook] It arrived in the post just now!

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Wed Jul 31 23:08:15 BST 2013

ons 2013-07-31 klockan 12:29 +0100 skrev luke.leighton:
> > - The metal is glued to the EOMA68 connector with adhesive tape. When
> > reaching the EOMA68 connector just gently bend one edge the shield for a
> > while until the tape looses it's grip.
>
>  is it?  gosh.  they did a decent job then.

They did.

> oh wait.. it might just be the lacquer that they spray on the boards.

No.

> hmmm, you (or someone else) might have to take some pictures because i
> have one of the early ones, it didn't even have the protective sleeve
> inside.

I have already removed the "glue" tape from mine.

>  question, henrik: did the CPU card have a yellow protective sleeve,
> top and bottom inside?

Yes. First thing I verified. If not there would have been a big fat
WARNING (repeat 20 times) in my message.

>  if not, i'm going to be *really* pissed.

Nothing to be pissed over this time :)

Except the design errors of swapping SD controllers, not having FEL
externally reachable (the combination of both is quite annoying), and no
test points for UART & JTAG, but we have already been over those.. UART
and SDC0 i at least reachable via the EOMA68 connector, but a mess for
using the card standalone. It is not easy to find pins that fits the
connector.

Regards
Henrik