[Arm-netbook] It arrived in the post just now!

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Wed Jul 31 02:53:07 BST 2013

ons 2013-07-31 klockan 02:07 +0100 skrev peter green:

> Further it seems that not all devices support (at least when I tried it
> on a nexus 7 with a hacked up cable it didn't work)

If all you want is to connect a hub and also power the EOMA68 via the
µUSB port then the normal 4 pin cable should be sufficient + a 5V powser
source. You most likely also need a modified script.bin that configures
the port as a host port, disabling OTG functionality, and also probably
best to disable the VBUS power control (also in script.bin) forcing it
off in the EOMA68, but probably works regardless.

Note: Completely untested. Just speculation.

It might work in OTG mode as well.
> Of course if you control the software you can probablly force things
> even without the ID pin value being right.

Yes, it's all software controlled.

The controller supports HOST-only, Device-only, OTG. Software selects
what mode to run.

The ID pin is really a digital GPIO pin. Usage is optional except when
OTG driver mode is used.

VBUS power output control is is driven by a GPIO pin. Also optional. can
be forced on, off, or controlled by the usb driver driver.

VBUS power sense and powering the board from VBUS is done by the AXP
automatically. It also have some automatic sensing to determine if VBUS
is posered by the board or from the USB port.

Regards
Henrik