[Arm-netbook] parallella

Dr. David Alan Gilbert dave at treblig.org
Sat Jul 27 17:20:11 BST 2013

* luke.leighton (luke.leighton at gmail.com) wrote:
> http://www.parallella.org/board/
>
> those people who've been on here a while will remember the discussions
> going over the zync 7000 series, and how it might make a great EOMA68
> CPU Card... except with no GPU it'd be commercially very difficult to
> justify... but what i really want to know is why the heck didn't it
> occur to me *months* ago that the adapteva parallella would make an
> absolutely stonking open hardware GPU.  i mean... it's already got
> OpenCL: how hard would it be to put OpenGL on it as well??

...and keep the frame buffer up to date - not sure what the bandwidth
is like, and what the mapping to the main memory is like.

Now what about storage? PCIe or SATA or something in the FPGA - is there
the space to do that and everything else needed?

Dave
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert    |       Running GNU/Linux       | Happy  \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org |                               | In Hex /