[Arm-netbook] Job opportunity working with EOMA, SOMs etc

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Mon Jul 15 13:05:13 BST 2013

On Thu, 2013-07-04 at 08:52 +0000, joem wrote:
> Hi
>
> The company I work for is creating a job opportunity for software
> engineer. So thought I ask here to see if anyone interested.
> If you been working on projects like EOMA68 or SoMs like these
> http://www.gplsquared.com/SoM1/SoM1.html
> http://www.gplsquared.com/SoM2/SoM2.html
> and would like to continue working on it and similar stuff
> and extend it, and get paid, then there is opportunity.
> It is a proprietary company, that dabbles in open source
> so you do need to be able to keep both hats on at the same time
> and not mix the two kinds of work. C, Eclipse, ARM, embedded digital
> electronics and Linux is most import to have.
> A little bit of work with colour LCDs, FPGA, PIC and Netbeans
> is helpful. Its a strong fast paced R&D environment. New PCBs typically
> get designed in a week, manufactured following week and then its all
> software work and testing testing testing. Location is a few minutes
> from Junction 5 of the M1 in UK in a proper industrial estate with
> parking. You can send CVs to me joem at martindale-electric.co.uk and I put
> it in front of management. Typically it takes 1 to 2 months for the
> entire process.

A small update.
The boss is gone to Far East for 2 / 3 weeks, so the position
has been left open until he is back.

The feedback I got is that the position is both hardware and software
design. The smallest number of words that describe the position is:

"The engineer must understand digital electronics and
 program ARM CPUs with software written in C.
 The engineer should be able to define their
 own work from specifications."