[Arm-netbook] 10in tablet and dock

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 13:09:43 BST 2013

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 12:12 PM, Dr. David Alan Gilbert
<dave at treblig.org> wrote:
> * Simon Kenyon (simon at koala.ie) wrote:
>> On 07/10/13 22:54, luke.leighton wrote:
>> >can anyone recommend a suitable IPS LCD (say
>> >1280x800) and a capacitive touchpanel?
>>
>> is that perhaps a little low-res?
>
> I'd agree (especially for a 10"); are 1920x1080's that
> much more?

 not sure, but at that kind of pixel density with the smaller holes,
where the yields are going to be lower (so they have to smash and
recycle the glass again and again), i'd put a finger-in-air guess at
say... $60 to $80 rather than $32 to $35.  so i'd expect them to be at
least double the price.

 mind you if there's a company out there that's solved the yield
problems of pushing liquid crystal under enormous pressure from the
outside edge into all 1080 of those tiny holes, then the pricing will
be better.

don't know.  anyone got any leads on what pricing's actually like?