[Arm-netbook] 10in tablet and dock

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Fri Jul 12 10:36:48 BST 2013

On Thu, 2013-07-11 at 15:29 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 1:37 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > What can 1 kilo dollar buy these days?
> >
> > At least 1 open sourced PCB per week and tech assistance to make sure it
> > works.
>
>  cool.  would you like to do a mini or monster engineering-board or a
> pass-through card?  a pass-through card would be extremely useful as a
> base-line tester (and also as a final product which can turn e.g. a
> tablet into e.g. a 2nd screen for e.g. a Desktop PC).  the
> engineering-boards especially one with an on-board STM32F would do
> very well as a kickstarter project, especially if the schematics are
> open and available.

I'd like to do as many as I can.
For the money, I place bets on doing the simple one first and moving up
the ladder. What / where is pass-through card and info + circuits.
If you got gerbers to share like with PCMCIA, board outline etc, then
foot prints from Gerber can be imported into KiCAD to speed up work
instead of redesigning from scratch. If the gerbers are prized
possesions, then delete the bits not wanting to share and generate new
gerber with all the shareable bits. Importing board outline and
connector pads and silks hugely speeds up the work.