[Arm-netbook] RFC: EOMA-26

mike.valk at gmail.com mike.valk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 08:52:16 BST 2013

2013/7/4 jtd <jtd at mtnl.net.in>:
> On Thursday 04 July 2013 13:12:14 luke.leighton wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 8:07 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> > does anyone know of e.g. any ATMel, ST, TI or other processors that
>> > would fit EOMA-26 i.e. LVDS, USB, SD/MMC, UART and I2C?
>>
>>  ahhh, i remembered one: the ignenic jz4760.  actually, probably all
>> of the ingenic processors including the one used in the ben nanonote.
>
> Mips core

Processor architecture is not issue. The standard does not force a
certain CPU Arch.

Besides Linux runs on everything: x86, PowerPC, SPARC, etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Linux_supported_architectures

We/Someone could even create EOMA-68 cards running Windows....Yug.
When AMD or Intel create x86 processors. Or use Windows on ARM.