[Arm-netbook] RFC: EOMA-26

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 20:44:17 BST 2013

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM, Christopher Thomas
<christopher at firemothindustries.com> wrote:
> What bit are you looking for? 32bit or 16, 8?

 to be honest absolutely anything right now.  i don't know: i'm just
thinking out loud, and as long as it can do up to 1280x800 18-bit
LVDS.  so... Zync7020 is a good candidate.  A10s.  even the A13
*shudder*.

> The TI OMAP3530 is used by the gumstix Overo and is pretty robust/small.

 yehh i know that one.  has the price dropped to something sane yet?

> Www.Gumstix.com they're what led me to discover this list actually.
>
> There's also the MSP430, but its not really capable of a full featured OS.

 that's ok.... if the price is $2.50 or below.  if it's got on-board
RAM and Flash that's even better.

> There's the imx6 from Freescale.

 too expensive.  i'm thinking "compared to A10s" cost / performance metric.