[Arm-netbook] Need help finding components in China

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 16:08:19 BST 2013

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 4:00 PM, David Lanzendörfer
<david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch> wrote:
>> > alternative that is popular in China. Then you have to make research and
>> > find alternative.
>>  exactly.
> Yes
>
>> > Generally it is not one stop problem and you will have to make some
>> > research.
>>  exactly.  that's the issue.  it's very very easy to make an expensive design.
> I wanna use as much Shenzen components as possible.
> Unfortunately they didn't bother to document online what's actually available... -.-
> I mean WTF, what's the use of producing electrical components and then
> not telling anyone?!

 most implementations are copied directly from the reference design
which typically comes straight from the SoC vendor or their closest
partners.

 from there, the parts *automatically* become popular and mass-volume
because nobody bothers changing them.

 so you would do well to copy parts from reference schematics: you'll
find that there are at least 5 designs on the rhombus-tech.net web
site and the parts lists and PDFs i've dropped into
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma in various places.