[Arm-netbook] Need help finding components in China

David Lanzendörfer david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch
Mon Jul 1 15:58:35 BST 2013

Hi

>Yolanda Ke
>International Sales Executive
>*NOVA TECHNOLOGY(HK)CO.,LTD*
>address: B1801,18F, Shenfang Mansion, Huaqiangbei Road, Futian District,
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
>Tel: 86-755-61305830
>*web:* www.hknovatech.net[1]
>*e-mail:* well/@hknovatech.com.cn/[2]
>/*MSN: *novatech01 at hotmail.com[3] /
>*Skype:* novatech001
Is it ok if I add this person in Skype and ask for assistance at finding the
right parts?

>But they are not fully reliable.
>You have to look for each and every component carefully.
>Actually, treat them as non reliable.
Of course. I won't create a design without having carefully read the datasheet
and reference implementation of the parts of course.

>For resistors and capacitors you can buy any manufacturer that meets your
>specification. It is best you leave choice to your supplier as this parts are
>generally very cheap and no point to insist on specific manufacturer.
That's obvious. But thanks for the advice :-)

>If you look specific part, for example from Murata, the best is that you go on
>Murata webpage and look who is distributor in this area and ask price from
>this supplier.
Ok.

>If you look for connector you can search on Alibaba. You may post your
>requirements to me as many of connecters you use are more or less the same
>for many project (like micro USB, or Ethernet or whatever) and I found some
>of suppliers that looks ok to me. I can give you contact and price I got and
>you may check yourself.
The connectors are the last step. First I need PMUs, Keyboardcontroller
and so on. This is something which really pulls up the price if you choose
the wrong pieces.

>Generally it is not one stop problem and you will have to make some research.
Research is always needed. You can't make something creatively new, when
you use all the default components in the very same configuration as everyone
else has already done ;-)

-David