[Arm-netbook] Need help finding components in China

Hrvoje Lasic lasich at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 13:23:38 BST 2013

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 2:03 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 9:05 AM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2013-07-01 at 01:27 +0200, David Lanzendörfer wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I'm looking forward to any help which is possible.
> >> I'm unfortunately nowhere near Guangdong (I'm located in Switzerland,
> Zürich)
> >> so I can't just go over there and check the parts out.
> >> I'm really desperate.

> >> dito
> >

> > The company that makes some of the PCBs for me is in Guanzhou.
> > They can source components in Guanzhou local markets and Shenzhen.
>
>  joe: the issue is that david is used to being able to get components
> off of e.g. digikey and so the majority of suppliers are E.U or U.S.A
> based.
>
>  obviously, for a mass-volume [open hardware] product that is to be
> manufactured in guangdong, he needs someone who is prepared to find
> parts if he gives them a specification.... of *each* and every part
> that he needs.
>
> l.
> <lasich at gmail.com>

As all arounder, I am buying parts from this company:

Yolanda Ke

International Sales Executive

*NOVA TECHNOLOGY(HK)CO.,LTD*

address: B1801,18F, Shenfang Mansion, Huaqiangbei Road, Futian District,
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China

Tel: 86-755-61305830

*web:* www.hknovatech.net
*e-mail:* well at hknovatech.com.cn
*MSN: *novatech01 at hotmail.com
Skype: novatech001

But they are not fully reliable. You have to look for each and every
component carefully. Actually, treat them as non reliable.

For resistors and capacitors you can buy any manufacturer that meets your
specification. It is best you leave choice to your supplier as this parts
are generally very cheap and no point to insist on specific manufacturer.

If you look specific part, for example from Murata, the best is that you go
on Murata webpage and look who is distributor in this area and ask price
from this supplier.

If you look for connector you can search on Alibaba. You may post your
requirements to me as many of connecters you use are more or less the same
for many project (like micro USB, or Ethernet or whatever) and I found some
of suppliers that looks ok to me. I can give you contact and price I got
and you may check yourself.

Also, you may find that some parts are not easily available in China. If
you meet this problem there is probably good reason and better and cheaper
alternative that is popular in China. Then you have to make research and
find alternative.

Generally it is not one stop problem and you will have to make some
research.