[Arm-netbook] Need help finding components in China

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 13:03:53 BST 2013

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 9:05 AM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-07-01 at 01:27 +0200, David Lanzendörfer wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm looking forward to any help which is possible.
>> I'm unfortunately nowhere near Guangdong (I'm located in Switzerland, Zürich)
>> so I can't just go over there and check the parts out.
>> I'm really desperate.
>>
>> >  many thanks,
>> dito
>

> The company that makes some of the PCBs for me is in Guanzhou.
> They can source components in Guanzhou local markets and Shenzhen.

 joe: the issue is that david is used to being able to get components
off of e.g. digikey and so the majority of suppliers are E.U or U.S.A
based.

 obviously, for a mass-volume [open hardware] product that is to be
manufactured in guangdong, he needs someone who is prepared to find
parts if he gives them a specification.... of *each* and every part
that he needs.