[Arm-netbook] any android tablets *not* with built-in baseband (e.g. MTK) but with 3G / phone capability

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.ru
Sat Jan 19 10:08:44 GMT 2013

On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 09:22:34 +0000
"luke.leighton" <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:

> does anyone know of any android tablets - at a reasonable price - that
> use a separate built-in 3G phone-capable chipset rather than using an
> on-board baseband DSP [and thus being 100% likely of being
> GPL-violating)?
>
> i have a friend who is looking to replace his samsung tablet phone
> with something cheaper yet good enough to use across hong kong and
> europe.

Hello,

Recently I was surprised by this one, it pairs our old friend the A10 with
phone/WCDMA/3G radio hardware from some other manufacturer, not often you see
something like this.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/7-inch-512M-4GB-Android-4-0-Capacitive-HDMI-allwinner-a10-tablet-pc-3g-sim-card/569700305.html

No idea of whether it is actually "good enough" or not. :)

--
With respect,
Roman

"Stallman had a printer,