[Arm-netbook] Verbosity

jm joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Mon Jan 7 14:22:29 GMT 2013

Hi,

I uploaded a gambas program for highly verbose project management which
you can download from here:
http://www.gplsquared.com/SoM2/SoM2.html

The idea behind it is that you press a button on a topic, it gives you
verbose update on that aspect of the project. If the you press the "..."
button to the right of each topic button, then you can edit the text
file to control what needs to be said.
(Syntax - If the first character of a line is #, then then rest of the
line is ignored. If the first three characters are ###, then it turns
off speech until it encounters two characters that are ##, at which
point it turns speech back on.)

Its all early days.

The topics for project management are divided into System on Module
(SoM) board for A10 CPU, KiCAD training, Linux from sources for the A10
SoM board, LCD for the SoM board, RS232 debugging for SoM boards, ways
of customizing board for Internet of Things (IoT), and speech synthesis
as I believe future IoT devices will probably have no buttons -
just a touch screen to control it, and verbose spoken messages when an
IoT device wants to tell you something :)
(The A10 can speak through HDMI - working image here for MK802 with
gambas GUI software and espeak that can be driven from Gambas:
http://www.gplsquared.com/mk802/mk802.html  )

The SoM board + motherboard combined will have slightly more features
than EOMA board, but as its all in KiCAD, and KiCAD is free, we would
all be able to learn KiCAD and customize the SoM board to any IoT or
EOMA like configuration when the work is finished.

Apologies if the speech is fast paced and a bit militaristic in tone,
you get used to it! :-)

I use it like a "slave driver" for marching projects at a fast pace when
used properly, and also pool together all the relevant information
from many sources under one project management roof.