[Arm-netbook] rev0 a10 eoma68 board bringup

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 23:58:01 GMT 2013

On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Hrvoje Lasic <lasich at gmail.com> wrote:
>  that's good to hear - and really appreciated.  would you be willing
>>
>> to help redesign the U-shaped plastic that will need to go round the
>> PCMCIA enclosure?  here's the existing case, which you can see page 2
>> has a blanked-off U-shape, and there are 2 metal tabs each side that
>> lock into it.
>>
>>  http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/allwinner/litkconn-pcmcia-case-ch-pc-20.pdf
>>
>> would you be willing to design a replacement that has 3 holes, one
>> micro-sd, one micro-hdmi and one micro-usb, that miss these tabs?
>

> I can help you but not 100% clear what do you need :)
>
> 1) Do you have 3d model of your PCB?

 naah.

> Or as minimum you need 2d dwg file of
> PCB + layout of connectors. Best would be if you can download 3d models of
> connectors from producer or if you can not we can find probably generic 3d
> models that somebody made. So, first step would be to have correct 3d model
> of PCB with parts (here connectors are important). This part should not be
> too difficult to do one way or another because you control all details.
>
> 2) need also 3d model of PCMIA enclosure. As I understand you want to use
> existing case and replace only one part that now need opening for your
> connectors. You basically need to open a new mold for this part. Again, best
> practice would be if PCMIA enclosure producer gives you 3d model of this
> part (actually all enclosure) and then we will modify this part according to
> your PCB. You can open new mold in China without a problem. If producer does
> not give you 3d model of this part this could be a bit tricky because you
> have to make assumptions (take measurements) of dimension. Anyway, many
> producers now days give models and surely we can find some cooperative
> producer of this casing.

 apologies: one of the reasons why the parts are much cheaper than
elsewhere (e.g. Molex) is precisely because there are no 3D CAD/CAM
drawings available.  so rather than having a $1.00 part for micro-hdmi
we have a $0.30 part, and so on.

 everything therefore needs to be made from scratch and/or as you say
from generic 3d models (then modified).

 http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/allwinner/micro_hdmi_mid_mount_type_d_amphenol_1042465.pdf
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/allwinner/litkconn_MICRO%20SD%20PUSH-PUSH%20A.pdf
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/allwinner/CNF004%20MICRO%20USB%20%205PIN%20AB%20type%20FEMALE%20%e6%b2%89%e6%9d%bf0.7_%e6%88%90%e5%93%81%e5%9b%be%20Model%20(1).pdf
 http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/allwinner/PCFSTR-K-RE01-B01A1.pdf

 the only consolation is that this will not - pretty much ever - need
to be done again - not for any other EOMA-68 CPU Card, not ever.  not
unless the components go end-of-life, cows come home, or there's a
need for different connectors.