[Arm-netbook] CONFIG_CMDLINE, override uboot parameters

Liviu Dudau liviu at dudau.co.uk
Wed Feb 20 10:26:44 GMT 2013

Hi Peter,

The 4th option that you want doesn't exist.

Thing is, if you want to overwrite some of u-boot options then the following
two things are true:

  a. you know the u-boot parameters
  b. you know one (or many) of them are wrong

Most people in that case use option 2) and overwrite the bootloader command
line with the one they want. If you are worried about someone going into
u-boot and adding another useful command line parameter that you might be
missing if you use option 2) then you need to explain to them what they
also need to correct in that command line that is currently broken.

Best regards,
Liviu

   .oooO
   (   )