[Arm-netbook] Help, ARM with video composite input ?

Pedro pederindi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 02:46:08 GMT 2013

Hi,

I'm looking for a single-board [1] that can make:
* input / output of composite video (analog)
* input / output of analog audio
(doesn't matter if only one jack or two, i.e. could be a input/output connector)

The capabilities of the CPU & GPU would be to encode and decode at
real time ~MPEG2 (DVD quality)

input / output of analog audio it's easy (a lot of single boards have it)
the difficult feature is the input at composite video (analog) !

I only found this:
http://www.empowertechnologies.com/sbc644x.html
but it's really expensive (~700$)

For solve this problem i'm thinking to search for "capture video card"
cheap and compatible with GNU/Linux, but this is difficult also :(

I see that single boards (or single board + capture video card) cost
between ~50$ to ~300$

Can anyone help?

Greetings,
Pedro