[Arm-netbook] Interesting chip the LPC1343

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Wed Dec 18 11:00:21 GMT 2013

> ---->>> http://www.microbuilder.eu/Projects/LPC1343ReferenceDesign/ <<<---

> open hardware. already available.

Sorry for confusion. Agreed about LPC1343,
but what I was hinting at was that it might be feasible
to make a MEB like device with the
"Xilinx Spartan 6 LX9 TQFP-144 FPGA 9152 Logic Cells,
16 DSP48A1 Slices, 576KB Ram, and 96 User Available I/O Pins"
device built into the MEB. With drag and drop programming of the FPGA
using that kickstarter project's open sourced files:
https://github.com/fpga-logi
http://valentfx.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Easy thereafter to make 50MHz digital scope
and similar hardware just by programming
the FPGA. EOMA already has 'working' LCD that can be
added to the MEB, and working distros.
So the power of such an EOMA gadget
would be ASTRONOMICAL for its price.

Typically it would far more powerful and generic
than say the Red Pitaya
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/652945597/red-pitaya-open-instruments-for-everyone
(oversubscribed by x5)
for half the price.