[Arm-netbook] A bare image for booting from NAND

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Thu Dec 12 20:28:03 GMT 2013

tor 2013-12-12 klockan 18:06 +0100 skrev Aaron J. Seigo:
> On Thursday, December 12, 2013 14:07:25 Henrik Nordström wrote:
> > Which also includes the NAND driver source drop to make it possible to
> > GPL.
> >
> > So sorry, no the version you built can not be distributed under a GPL
> > license. Not because the source files you have is not GPL licensed (they
> > are by separate discussion), but because some parts are provided
> > binary-only which is incompatible with GPL.
>
> i  thought that there was a NAND driver somewhere with sources, but it needed
> some work (integration?)? or is there literally no sources anywhere for the
> NAND access

Yes we have many copies of the NAND driver, just not the same as used in
boot0/boot1 A20 SDK..

What ee have:

a) The old version from A10 SDK for Linux and u-boot. (no boot0/boot1
sources available for A10).

b) The newer version which was included in the A20 GPL licensing code
drop where license headers were changed to GPL and all
kernel/boot/u-boot binary blobs got replaced by sources. This covers
boot0/boot1, u-boot and Linux, all with slightly different versions of
the NAND driver.

'b' is the boot0/boot1 version reported not to work earlier in this
thread.

The version included in linux-sunxi kernel is based on the old "A10"
version.

Regards
Henrik