[Arm-netbook] Auto-discard notification

freebirds at fastmail.fm freebirds at fastmail.fm
Wed Dec 11 15:47:02 GMT 2013

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013, at 06:32 AM, luke.leighton wrote:
the second is that the decision was taken to use non-free proprietary
hosting services . . . .
to repeat: if you would like me to be directly involved in the
linux-sunxi community, *stop* using google's proprietary mailing list.
. . . . - nobody, least of all i, will tell you what to do.  i will
however advise you each time this comes up what the
consequences are of the decision that was made, and the consequences
 are that you will have to work harder and harder to keep track."

I commend Luke Leighton for taking the time and effort to request open
source in every aspect, including hosting services.

I support Luke Leighton's request for linux-sunxi to cease using a
proprietary hosting service. Linux-sunxi should cease because:

(1) compromising indicates thoughtfulness and willingness to negotiate;
(2) It is hypocritical to use free software yet not use available free
hosting services;
(3) the wide spread use free hosting services will promote others to use
them;
(4) Google has become far more evil in spying; and
(5) NSA and GCHQ uses Google's cookies for masss surveillance.

I will go further and ask that linux-sunxi stop using google's mailing
list. Could some member of both mailing lists post my request on the
linux-sunxi mailing list?

Google requires a cell phone number to register for gmail. Google
requires posting a photograph to register for Google Circles.

"According to the documents, the NSA and its British counterpart, GCHQ,
are using the small tracking files or "cookies" that advertising
networks place on computers to identify people browsing the Internet.
The intelligence agencies have found particular use for a part of a
Google-specific tracking mechanism known as the “PREF” cookie."

"For many users, the extent of your tracking can be quite an eye-opener.
For example, if you are an Android user, and you routinely use Google on
your laptop or other home or office computer, try this:
https://maps.google.com/locationhistory/b/0"
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2013/12/10/nsa-uses-google-cookies-to-pinpoint-targets-for-hacking/

"Google Block" as an add-on in firefox is not enough. I do not use
google to search. No Script shows numerous websites I go to use google
analytics. Since 2010, I have used live linux DVD to go online. Cookies
aren't stored but the UUIDs of my harddrive, wifi and possibly processor
are.