[Arm-netbook] Flashing the NAND

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Wed Dec 11 14:21:03 GMT 2013

+++ Aaron J. Seigo [2013-12-06 18:30 +0100]:
> On Friday, December 6, 2013 14:55:43 luke.leighton wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> > > On Friday, December 6, 2013 12:44:42 luke.leighton wrote:
> > >
> > > knowledge is being generated and then *thrown away*.
> >
> >  not when i'm doing it.  i document everything as i'm going along,
> > because i've done this a number of times.  it does however begin to
>
> I know you try to do this, but it isn’t producing results useful to others.

Luke's docs have been (very) useful to me.

> > try my patience to have to follow up pretty much every single message
> > to arm-netbooks with "could you please put that on the wiki”.
>
> That’s because the wiki is not useful. If it were, people would be using it.

I'm using it. (read only so far as I've not contruibtued anything useful
yet). I do agree that it's not well-strucutured and stuff is out of
date, but that's pretty-much true the world over in wikis, unless
$someone spends a _lot_ of time updating and merging and splitting to
keep things relevant and well-organised.

> In part this is because there is no “the  wiki”: there is the wiki on rhombus-
> tech.net which starts with "Welcome to Rhombus Tech, a CIC company”, there is
> elinux.org which a wonderful maze of relevant and not-relevant information and
> there is the linux-sunxi.org wiki.

> We should discuss all this during the future irc meeting, starting by defining
> what our needs are as a group, what our expectations are, cataloging our
> current assets and then creating process that may work for us to move us
> forward.

Yep, Some agreement of what should be where would defo be helpful and
there is clearly a lot that could be done to make things easier to find
without having to know an insider first (or where to look in this list).

I think IRC meetings would be useful. We could clearly lower the barrier
of entry a lot, but to some degree that's more to do with getting
support in the right places (e.g into mailine and distros) so things
work as they should without needing to know a pile of magic runes, than
about documenting all those magic runes..

> > > "would people be open to having one with the goal of improving this
> > > situation?”
> >
> >  yes!

me too, anytime 11-3am european times works for me.

> ok, cool. for you, evenings (UTC) and weekends work better than daytime,
> correct? i’m thinking of something in early January to get this started ...

In general weekends daytime is no use for me, but I'm not important
round here, so worry about people who are :-)

Wookey
http://wookware.org/