[Arm-netbook] EOMA lapdock

freebirds at fastmail.fm freebirds at fastmail.fm
Tue Dec 10 18:57:14 GMT 2013

Congratulations on disassemblying the 500 lapdock without breaking it!

Motorola made the 100 lapdock and 500 lapdock proprietary. The 500
lapdock is the hardest to get working with a raspi.

A custom HDMI script, sound script and wifi script are required to
connect a raspberry pi to the 100 lapdock and 500 lapdock. The Atrix
lapdock and Bionic Droid lapdock do not require a HDMI script and sound
script but they may require the wifi script.  Hence, I returned the 100
lapdock and puchased an Atrix lapdock. The latter I returned because it
had a defective HDMI. Bill Mar of specomp.com told me the HDMI is
defective in a significant percentage of Atrix lapdocks.

Could you please advise whether your 500 lapdock can operate an Improv
board without scripts?

http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but different...