[Arm-netbook] How best to get touch working on EOMA?

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Tue Dec 10 08:34:18 GMT 2013

On Mon, 2013-12-09 at 23:17 +0000, luke.leighton wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 11:11 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I got a couple of capacitive panels coming - will soon be able to try
> > out the suggestions - thanks.
>
> do you know which make/models?  do they have the ICs on a thin-film
> circuit already?  if not... you're in for... a lot of cat-on-hot-nails
> dancing [i.e. if they're "bare" capacitive panels with say 10
> horizontal lines and 15 vertical ones and no IC].
>
>  i _was_ going to do that with an STM32F (say) - one of the big ones:
> do the timings and set up an RC circuit manually then scan them from
> software.  after realising quite how small the capacitance actually is
> on these panels, i am *really* glad i didn't go that route.  FT,
> Goodix and Atmel have some hellishly-complex algorithms in the
> firmware of those ICs...

At present no idea what is coming - they are being sent by a factory
interested in having their stuff deployed on allwinner Linux computers.

(As as aside, it would be good to out the "hellishly-complex" algorithms
with an open sourced controller project. Everyone can benefit including
those lumbered with hellish-complex algorithm design.)