[Arm-netbook] How best to get touch working on EOMA?

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Mon Dec 9 23:11:19 GMT 2013

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> How best to get touch working on EOMA?

: you mean EOMA68?

: almost most all capacitive panels are I2C.  goodix ICs or futuretech
:(e.g. FT5306).  these are already fully supported under linux: drivers
:are easy to find and many of them are already in the sunxi 3.4 kernel
:tree.  i had to do a bit of searching for the one that goes with the
:flying squirrel's [current] chosen touchpanel, eventually found it in
:a rockchip kernel source tarball somewhere.

: so, I2C is on EOMA68: therefore capacitive touchpanels are
:automatically not a problem.  just remember that the pull-down for I2C
:is *already* done on the CPU Card.

I got a couple of capacitive panels coming - will soon be able to try
out the suggestions - thanks.

: resistive panels: that's a different matter.  they're analogue, so
:you'd need either a dedicated IC or to do it yourself with a voltage
:source (or two?) and any IC that has a couple of ADCs (or three?).  to
:be honest, i'd recommend just using a dedicated IC.  the one i used to
:be familiar with is a TI TSC230somethingsomething.... TSC2200.  oh.
:arse.  it's SPI.
:
: hmmm, let's see...
:http://www.ti.com/lsds/ti/data-converters/touch-screen-controller-products.page
:I2C tum te tum.... exclude automotive parts... lowest-priced item
:iiiis:
:
: http://www.ti.com/product/tsc2014
:
: ta-daaa :)  ok, if you prefer a QFN package you'd have to use the
:tsc2004 which is $1.75 not $1.30 in 1k volumes.
:
: that's with 5 mins of searching.  if you spent a bit more time
:looking i'm sure there would be lower-cost options easily found.
:
:is there a linux kernel driver for the TSC2014 and the TSC2004?
:answer: yes. http://www.ti.com/tool/tsc2004-linux-drv
:
: so that's sorted.

Good - I got at least resistive LCD 5" 50 screens sat on my desk
to play with :)