[Arm-netbook] How best to get touch working on EOMA?

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Mon Dec 9 15:43:00 GMT 2013

On Mon, 2013-12-09 at 15:52 +0100, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday, December 9, 2013 14:23:38 joem wrote:
> > I'm thinking may be a better bet is to have a mouse
> > like generic USB gadget built. Then you would connect
> > the resistive or capacitive panel to it,
> > and it would convert the signals to standard
> > mouse signals.
>
> Usually the real trick is the multi-touch events and proper screen calibration
> with X. Having a generic USB gadget for this would be fantastic ...
>
> > EOMA doesn't have the touch pins brought out,
> > so having such a modular unit could benefit EOMAs and
> > other similar boards.
>
> Agreed ..

Hmm.. it would need a switch to switch between normal mouse mode
operation and multi-touch operation.
The multi-touch operation would need a modified mouse driver
I'm guessing. In the normal mouse position, there is no need for this
extra driver, but in multi-touch position, the USB device would have to
re-register as some other device so that driver can switch to
multi-touch operation.

Sounds doable :)

That is two projects needing doing - generic switch mode power supply
and generic touch to mouse converter.