[Arm-netbook] Flashing the NAND

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Dec 9 13:51:13 GMT 2013

On Sunday, December 8, 2013 10:37:33 luke.leighton wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 1:37 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> > Given how opaque this community is, it should be of no surprise that there
> > are probably many people that others can not see.
>
>  aaron: there are very few active key players because the
> knowledge/skill level is just too high.  this should not be a big
> surprise, given that we're still in the phase of
> "pre-lots-of-feature-boards".

It’s much simpler than that:

a) I have been around for, what, a year now?
b) most people were completely unaware of that
c) either i’m an outlier datapoint or there are more people like me

i’m betting on “more people like me”.

it has nothing to do with few active key players, ergo [...]

the connection is actually probably reversed: there are few key players
because the interaction structures in place support and encourage opaque
interactions.

if you and others wish to grow this space beyond having a few key active
players, then we need to get onside with:

* supportive interactions
* an approachable documentation strategy for clarity and knowledge retention

getting there requires communication, not releases of hardware products.
because if that *were* the case, the plethora of other arm boards out there
right now would have resolved issues seen on this list. it’s not like eoma68
is the only hardware group represented on this list. it’s just the most vocal
/ discussed.

--
Aaron J. Seigo