[Arm-netbook] VOIP working?

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Sun Dec 8 00:05:44 GMT 2013

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 10:01 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone got VOIP working?
> Twinkle is not in the Ubuntu 13.04 arm repository :(

: http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=twinkle
:
: hmmm...  looks like it's lost a maintainer, even for x86.  only amd64
:compiles successfully right now.
:
: http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=ekiga
:
: ah ha!
:
: http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=simpleopal
:
: and that.
:
: http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=sflphone-gnome
:
:and that.
:
:answer: yes, there are plenty, and a few more not listed above.  my
:experience with VoIP clients has been that their quality (stability)
:significanty varies, as does the interoperability.  but hey, it's a
:start to begin investigating.  all of those except twinkle compile for
:armhf.

Twinkle was the best for stability - works on every Ubuntu PC reliably
with good clean sound and reliable connection set up, number setup, dialing and hang up.

Ekiga already try - not working.
simpleopal and sflphone-gnome to try next I guess.

Really more interested to know if anyone has VOIP working
reliably to duplicate it.