[Arm-netbook] Auto-discard notification

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 14:32:15 GMT 2013

hi oliver, thanks for your support here.  we'll get there.  will have
to see about FOSDEM.

regarding linux-sunxi: what pissed me off was two things.  the first
was that i wasn't even told it was happening, wasn't consulted, and
found out *months* after it had been set up.  the second is that the
decision was taken to use non-free proprietary hosting services when,
if i *had* been consulted, i would have been able to point people in
the direction of several the highly-experienced software libre
sysadmins i know who would have immediately said "yes" if anyone had
bothered to ask them if they could add domain names, mailing lists, or
any number of software libre packages, and they would have helped run
them at zero financial cost, because that's what these
highly-experienced people do already, for dozens of custom project,
and have done now for decades   ... but you know this already: i've
mentioned it a number of times.

so, to repeat: if you would like me to be directly involved in the
linux-sunxi community, *stop* using google's proprietary mailing list.
 subscribe it as a one-way archive if you want, and subscribe
gmane.org as well to it (like arm-netbooks is) so that people can use
a web browser to post and still maintain thread continuity.  also i
will not submit patches via github: i revoked my account on it because
again that is a non-free proprietary service.  so you neither have a
means for me to notify the sunxi community of patches, nor do you have
a means for me to push patches _to_ the sunxi community, because you
didn't consult or involve me in the creation of the sunxi community
and chose to use proprietary software services for quotes convenience
quotes.

if that's useful to you to continue to maintain that situation, please
continue to do so - nobody, least of all i, will tell you what to do.
i will however advise you each time this comes up what the
consequences are of the decision that was made, and the consequences
are that you will have to work harder and harder to keep track.

l.